Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Three Months


Dearest Hadley, 


Three months ago today you came into our lives. 
I am so thankful for you and thank God for giving me a healthy, beautiful baby girl. 

You have grown so much this last month.  
Physically you are a tank!
You are eating anywhere from 4-6 ounces at a time and occasionally you have had 7.  Sometimes I wonder if you eat too much but I guess when you're hungry you should eat.  
I call you my little tankalicious.  Your rolls go on forever and ever.  I scrub them every night so they don't get stinky.  

You hold your head just fine when you're against my shoulder - your favorite way to be held.  
Your core is getting stronger every day.  I can tell your core is getting stronger because when you sit on my lap you lean forward. 
You only like tummy time for a few minutes at a time, but we still work on it.  

You can hold small toys in your hand and like to play with your burp cloths.  
You chew on your hands and fingers CONSTANTLY and drool quite a bit. 
I wonder if you're already teething.  

You don't nap well - but you do nap in your bed now and put yourself to sleep most of the time.  Your morning naps are better than afternoon naps.  
 Since you're not the best napper you go to bed early.  Very early.   You go to bed anywhere from 6:30 to 7:00 - although last night it was 7:30.  
You still get up to eat once a night.  I thought we were just about done with middle of the night wake ups but you're still getting up once.   Usually it's about 8 or so hours after you go down and then you sleep a 3-4 more hours.  Not too bad.  
Once we get home from the beach I am going to push you a little bit to sleep all night - we'll see how it goes. 

Socially you have changed tons.  
You interact with people and like to be in the middle of things.  Just about anyone can make you smile, which you do all the time.  
You follow noises with your eyes and head and will look for someone if they walk away.  
You are content to sit in your pink Fisher Price recliner for quite some time but also like your little blue bouncey seat and still sit in your swing - but not as much as before.  
Overall your demeanor is quite calm and you only cry when your hungry, tired or need a diaper change- all things easily cured. 

You went 'swimming' for the firs time yesterday and enjoyed it.  We would have stayed in the water longer if there weren't so many kids in the pool. 
The bath tub continues to make you so happy.  You love it so very much. 
You love the car - but sometimes fuss when we're at a stop light. 
You are easily in 6-12 month clothes. 

We love you so very very much. 
I am so thankful to be your mommy and stay home with you and watch you grow!
I love you sweet pea.  Happy 3 month birthday. 

Mommy. 













No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails